Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Story So Far

Each day that passes I realize I am "not in Kansas anymore", as the rhythm of the day progresses..calm in the early hours...heat rises and settles in at 8-12...then a period of breezes cool things down....more calm in the afternoon...finally the rain that roars on into the night. temperatures rarely stray from 24-28 degrees. Sunday tends to take on its own calm, as not much goes on in town, all the shops and businesses rest and the Catholic churches fill. I have taken in a cat from the Animal Rescue League, a female mostly calico of about 8 months of age, she kept me awake last nite as she tries to understand who I am. The food and water will help her adjust, and she is stretched out on the couch (little more than some cloth covered foam that hides the odd scorpion) and sleeps the warm afternoon away. I still haven't adjusted to the heat and humidity, but time will tell. I don't use the air con in the house, as it was designed as a Tico house with lots of open windows and doors. Yesterday I watched in amazement as millions of dragon flies flew over me, up the valley and on to who knows where...today it was red harvester ants that paraded in front of me and marched off into the grass. Didn't receive a bite as I guess I was too large a meal to drag with them. Still find lots of colourful butterflies, some yellow, some orange, some iridescent blue, and birds of amazing reds and greens. For the first time on my walk down the rock road of hell I took the time to look at plants with leaves of all shapes and sizes...strange to a city boy from Ontario.Things will be better when I get the old suv, cash being the determining time...business is progressing, and life is still pretty good. This is a work in progress..

No comments:

Post a Comment