Monday, August 9, 2010

Days 1 to 12

Decided to spend a few days in San Jose, met up with my good friend Herman Meza (super guide) and we toured the town, and went to Castros with a few friends and karaoked the nite away. I was still in a delayed shock as I finally realized this would be my home/host country until year end. The city of San Jose is beautiful, full of architectural treasures, lots of good food and places to eat, a few places to be wary of, moderate weather (never goes over 30), and opportunities abound. I had rented a home on the hill in Quepos, said good bye to Herman, and took a NatureAir flight on Sunday Aug 1st. Thru the rain, over the mountains, and a safe landing where I met Tom Barron, my new property manager. He was good enough to get me settled, up a long rock road, to a comfortable tico home with a small pool, sporadic internet, and now Layla to cook and tidy up allowing me to concentrate on the future. The problem is...I don't know what I want the future to look like, but then again, if I could read the future I would be at the track. This blog won't have any real revelations I think, but perhaps a few suggestions to other 50 somethings planning to set down roots. So far, pretty good, coffee's great and addictive, cigars more so, and I think it's time for a swim. More later, this is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment