Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Rainy Season is Just Beginning..

Quepos was flooded last Saturday, all the locals walked around in ankle high water, but I was in San Jose looking forward to a day at the Canadian Embassy to replace my stolen passport. Surprisingly the process was fast and very simple, all except the 10 block (short walk) jaunt to have my picture taken again. Anyway, it's done and I wait, luckily I am not a temporary visitor looking forward to a real cup of Tims coffee (CR coffee makes Tims taste like the dishwater it really is). Used the Grayline bus service to go to SJ and return, 3.5 hours each way, nice air con shuttle bus with only 2 other passengers each way. Stayed at the Don Carlos again and they even gave me old room #14 again in the basement level....comfortable, not fancy, but the bed was comfy and the breakfast very nice with eggs, fruits and real toast! Back here in Quepos, the new cat in my life has decided to climb a tree and sit there...its been 2 days now and hunger hasn't motivated her enough to come down, and so I wait. Herman Meza is making a return visit, I need his translation skills to settle a little feud with Banco CR in town, as they have limited my interac w/ds to $100US...not very practical when the service charge is a couple bucks....so Herman can state my case for me. Layla, my chef and housekeeper has made a great meal for me again with the chicken empanada that she does so well. Not much to complain about other than the humidity, but the pool certainly deals with that. So for now life rolls on and I have work to do to pay the rent...and the deals still come. More to write later, as this is a work in progress. Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment